Simply put: we are for Jesus.
We want to be committed to him and serve as many people as possible in his name.
- We exist for the glory of God. (Isa. 43:7, 2 Peter 1:3, Rev. 1:6)
- We will lift up the name of Jesus above every name. (Phil. 2:9-10, John 20:31, Acts 8:12, Col. 3:17)
- We will welcome the active and empowering ministry of the Holy Spirit. (John 14:26, John 20:22, Eph. 4:30)
- We will aim to please God with unshakeable faith. (2 Cor. 5:7, Heb. 11, Eph. 6:16)
- We will be passionate worshippers. (Psalm 29:2, Psalm 95:6, Heb. 12:28)
- We will preach and teach the Bible as the authoritative Word of God. (Heb. 4:12, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, 1 Tim. 4:13)
- We will be a house of prayer. (Mark 11:17, Acts 4:31, Rom. 12:12)
- We will be relentless in spreading the gospel through words and action. (Rom. 10:14-15, Matt. 9:37-38)
- We will use our resources for the good of the city and the world instead of exhausting them on our own physical and spiritual entertainment. (James 1:27, Isa. 58:6-11, Acts 2:24)
We often refer to our church as a House. That metaphor is not original to us; God’s people are referred to as a spiritual house multiple times in the New Testament (1 Peter 2:5, Ephesians 2:19). Not only is the House imagery scriptural, it also helps us understand the mission of our church.
You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house…
1 Peter 2:5
Because we are a House, we are a family. The Gospel of John refers to us as sons and daughters. Galatians tells us we are brothers and sisters. The church works best when we relate to one another as family. We need spiritual mothers and fathers investing in spiritual sons and daughters. Every family has a cool aunt and a weird uncle and an overprotective mom and our House is no different. You will find people of all different shapes, cultures, economies, and passions. Yet, in our differences we are related by our faith in Jesus and that relation is the strongest kind of relation.
Because we are a House, we have responsibilities. In our House the work doesn’t fall to a few people. We all understand that as living stones we are responsible for the building up of God’s family. God has given you set of spiritual gifts to stir up faith and commitment in his people. Don’t let your responsibility fall to someone else. God has entrusted it specifically to you.
Because we are a House, we have many rooms. There is a place for you in our House. We have rooms for worship, rooms for community, rooms for kids, rooms for students, rooms that serve the broken and oppressed, and many more than are able to be listed here. There is a space in our House just for you.
Because we are a House, we are raising future generations. Jesus said the Kingdom of God belongs to the children. So, we take our responsibility to the next generations very seriously. Our Kids Ministry is actively and intentionally depositing the Word of God into the lives of our children. Our Student Ministry teaches our teenagers how to own their own faith and puts them in positions to do so. We believe our future pastors, teachers, leaders, and missionaries are in our House right now. It’s our responsibility to raise them up and release them into all God has planned for them.