Global and City Outreach
Houston is the 4th largest city in America and also one of the most diverse. More than 90 languages are spoken here. If Houston were an independent nation, it would rank as the world’s 30th largest economy. Yet the need here is overwhelming. Almost 1 million people live below poverty and an estimated 80% of the population are without Christ.
Bayou City Fellowship is committed to using our resources, both spiritual and physical, for the good of the city of Houston. We do that by being mission-focused individuals, being strategic and intentional with the way we live in our own communities and work spaces, and by partnering with other mission organizations in the city.
- Gracewood is a nonprofit residential program for mothers and their children fleeing homelessness and other crisis situations that threaten safety and stability of the family. There are two campuses: The Spring Branch Campus and The Wanda Lane Campus.There are multiple opportunities to serve these women through preparing meals, providing childcare, on-going maintenance projects, and developing relationships with these moms and their kids. We are always looking for volunteers that can help just one time or others that want to consistently serve in a variety of contexts. You can sign-up to serve here or you can email email@example.com. There is also information available weekly in the foyer at Houston Christian High School at the Global and City Outreach table.
- Pine Shadows Elementary School
- Pine Shadows Elementary Schoolis a Spring Branch ISD school located in the heart of Spring Branch. We have partnered with a non-profit organization called Community in Schools that acts as liaison for us to serve in a variety of contexts from providing schools supplies and backpacks, on-going weekly mentoring, monthly teacher appreciation events, community involvement, and meeting immediate needs of faculty and staff and families.There are multiple opportunities to invest in our future generation through PSE. You can sign-up to serve here or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also information available weekly in the foyer at Houston Christian High School at the Global and City Outreach table.
- Cornestone Family Ministries
- Cornerstone Family Ministries is a multi-cultural, faith-based, non-profit organization located in the heart of the Spring Branch community. CFM’s ministry-owned buses bring children and parents from 15 apartment complexes to Thursday Family Night to participate in a variety of classes including ESL, GED, and parenting courses. Bayou City Fellowship specifically partners with CFM to serve our community through Bayou City Nights- quarterly church-wide city outreach. There is opportunity to serve weekly through through Bus Ministry and Thursday Family Nights. For more information in how to be involved please email email@example.com. There is also information available weekly in the foyer at Houston Christian High School at the Global and City Outreach table.
We believe God is raising up the Church in every corner of the world. We are committed to mobilizing both our people and resources to be a part of God’s global purpose.
We want to play our part in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) by taking the name of Jesus to the nations of the world. We do this most effectively by partnering with other Christ-centered organizations around the world.
- As Our Own
- As Our Own is a Christ-based, community-driven movement in India that rescues vulnerable children from certain enslavement and exploitation, caring for them as our own.
- His Voice Global
- In an undisclosed location, His Voice Global empowers widows, orphans, and church leaders to make disciples of all nations.